Why My Family Podiatrist
MyfamilyPodiatrist is about people. People matter. We aim to make a difference to the quality of life of the people that come to us. We will really listen to you. We want to work with you to design the treatment plan that achieves the best possible results for your health. We undertake hours of professional development annually to ensure that we have the most up-to-date knowledge with evidence-based medicine and personal clinical experiences, to effectively diagnose, manage and treat your conditions. But on a personal level we are committed as partners in your health.
We aim to have you back in step, enjoying your life. Our service stems from a wide range of treatment options and techniques that enable us to design your personalized treatment plan. Some examples include: foot mobilisation techniques, dry needling, orthotic therapy and programs to strengthen and stretch muscles. We work closely with other leading health professionals in areas of physiotherapy, sports medicine, diabetes management, arthritis, paediatrics and aged care, because holistic approaches give the best results.
At our clinic we invest in the latest technology to ensure accurate diagnosis and treatment of feet conditions. For example video gait analysis systems and foot pressure analysis systems help us to show you the true cause of your foot problems. The first step in looking after your health is doing the best for yourself …so our team will be motivating you to do that too.
Six reasons to choose us:
- Accuracy: State of the art computer technology and experienced clinicians.
- Follow up: Our service is a ‘partnership” not a visit. We’re partners in your health.
- Reliability: Our products are durable…our advice is priceless.
- Whole body focus: Addressing foot problems directly addresses referred pain in your shins, knees, hips and back.If your feet are the problem, let us take the pain away.
- Convenience: Negotiable appointments for busy people.
- Ease of access to services and payment.
- Mobilisation: A painless or low pain technique used to loosen restricted joints in the knees and feet — often with an immediate response.
- Childhood Foot and Leg Complaints: Treatment of conditions such as “pigeon toe”, ingrown toenails, plantar warts, growing pains, advice on childhood foot ailments and supportive shoe wear.
- Deep Tissue Needling Therapy: Acupuncture needles are used to treat trigger points in muscles to relieve pain in many foot and leg conditions. It is extremely useful for heel pain.
- Deep Tissue Massage: This is a form of massage used in conjunction with needling therapy or for people who are needle phobic.
The Podiatry Association SA suggests that the average person takes 4000 – 8000 steps daily. In a moderate lifetime that is the equivalent of 4 times around the world. Now, add to this to playing sport, social activities, standing around, poor walking habits, compromising posture, non-supportive or ill-fitting shoes and the stress of high heels on hips, legs and feet. It is little wonder that feet get sore and injured. A warning sign is routine pain or discomfort felt after work and exercise. This needs to be addressed, because pain is the indicator that something is wrong somewhere in the body. Many people simply ‘soldier on‘ but, pain doesn’t go away, it builds into more permanent complaints and conditions. A real problem exists when the pain is regular or develops into injury. Then, those 4000 – 8000 steps every day are compromised …limiting your abilities at work, exercise, with family and socially.
Your foot function is like the front end of a car. . and when it is out of alignment:
- The tyres wear out quicker
- Uneven stress is placed on the frame
- The steering wheel begins to shake
- Petrol consumption increases…and over time
- The car becomes unusable
The misalignment of muscles and bones is like a car out of alignment, except that, the problems are not just about money or inconvenience. They’re about pain, debilitation and affect your mobility and lifestyle.Your feet support your full weight, so misalignment of the foot causes:
- Pressure and trouble immediately
- Bones move against bones
- Ligaments become stretched
- Muscles become overused and experience injury
- Soon the entire body and posture becomes faulty
Got any of these symptoms of faulty foot function?
- Aching feet or heel pain?
- Claw toes or Corns or callous or bunions?
- Pain in legs or knees or hips or lower back or neck?
- Do you suffer from smelly feet?
- Do you have ingrown toenails?
- Do your feet have ulcers or a skin condition?
Is your answer ‘Yes’ to any of these questions?
- Do you want to improve your sporting activity?
- Are you diabetic or have poor circulation?
- Are you embarrassed by how your feet look?
- Are you pregnant OR overweight?